Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Parag Doke <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/19 14:00:19 UTC

Support for custom properties

Hello All.
I am new to POI and have been using VB.NET office add-ins for some
time. Via, Microsoft API, it is possible to set properties (both built
in and custom) for Office documents. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
Outlook (.msg files) is what we am currently interested in.

I wanted to ask if POI supports (in decreasing order of interest :-) ):
1) Creation/modification/deletion of custom properties
2) Modification of built in properties
3) Bookmarks in Word files

The reason is that we were investigating setting properties on a
remote system using Java code rather than using add-ins on the client.

I tried using the automailer for this list to search ... but could not
get it to find the correct threads. Maybe I need to learn how to use
the search feature for the automailer first.
Meanwhile, if anyone could share the above information, I will be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for the help,
--
Parag Doke
Save paper, save trees. Do not print emails/documents unless

Re: Support for custom properties

Posted by Parag Doke <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the reply Nick. I will look at the documentation and try to learn.
I'm not good at Java (a beginner actually) ... so wouldn't be able to
contribute to hwpf yet ... but will keep in mind to contribute my bit
when I get better at it.

Thank you once more,
Parag Doke

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.