Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2014/02/05 22:13:30 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Gora

Hi board@,

The Apache Gora open source framework provides an in-memory data model and
persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting to column stores, key
value stores, document stores and RDBMSs, and analyzing the data with
extensive Apache Hadoop MapReduce support.

Project Releases

The last release of Gora (0.3) was on 8th May 2013.

Overall Project Activity since last report

Project activity has been good. We've received a number of
contributions from non-pmc/committers which is really positive.
Work is ongoing on GORA_94 a branch of the trunk code which
focuses on a long-overdue upgrade of our legacy Avro
dependencies from 1.3.3 to 1.7.X. As this is a major
undertaking therefore once this is addressed we will
be pushing a release candidate for 0.4.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

Apostolos Giannakidis as PMC member and committer
on 2014-01-17 (yyy-mm-dd).

Shadowing overall project activity the community mailing
lists and Jira have seen contributions from new faces
and new names.
This is very positive for the project showing that
people are not only using Gora but are keen to engage in
development.
Mailing list numbers are as follows
user@:    from 49 --> 57
dev@:     from 60 --> 64
commits@  from NA --> 26

Changes to PMC & Committers

Apostolos Giannakidis joined as PMC member and committer
on 2014-01-17 (yyy-mm-dd). Apostolos is the second GSoC
student who has been VOTE'd by the Gora PMC to join our
ranks. Sebb kept us on our toes during the board@
72hr NOTICE period so thank you to himn for that.

PMC and Committer diversity

We currently have committers from a wide variety of Apache projects
including, Nutch, Tika, OODT, Camel, Solr, Accumulo, Whirr, Hadoop,
Any23 & HBase (this is not an exhaustive list).

--

            http://people.apache.org/~lewismc || @hectorMcSpector ||
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

               Apache Gora V.P || Apache Nutch PMC || Apache Any23 PMC