Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by uttam Dhakal <e_...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/03/15 12:59:32 UTC

Remove Replacement character "�" from the search results

Hello,
I want to remove certain characters from the search result. Image of what I now get (and want to avoid) is attached in this email.
My impression is I need to write an "updaterequestprocessor", is there any built-in class specific for this need? Closest class I found which matches the description is "IgnoreFieldUpdateProcessorFactory" but I am not sure about this.
Any help on how to do this will very helpful as I am very new to Solr.
Thank you very much
Sincerely,Uttam Dhakal

Re: Remove Replacement character "�" from the search results

Posted by uttamdhakal <e_...@yahoo.com>.
Erick Erickson wrote
> This is more likely a problem with your browser's character set, try
> setting it to UTF-8.

The problem is not with my browser's character set. Anyway I want to
remove/replace certain characters from the search result

Re: Remove Replacement character "�" from the search results

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
This is more likely a problem with your browser's character set, try
setting it to UTF-8.
Best,
Erick