Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Leicester <ma...@metering.co.nz> on 2002/11/06 21:35:01 UTC

re. ISP Cocoon hosting

Hi all,
I've just read this on
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UnderstandingCocoonMounts
"It also provides a fairly clean way to package a Cocoon application for
sharing with others: create a directory complete with sitemap.xmap,
cocoon.xconf if required, and all additional supporting files. This package
can then be passed on to others who can install it by simply unpacking it
into their file-system and adding the appropriate mount elements into their
root sitemap (or one of it's sub-sitemaps)."
"In this way, a service provider can also choose to host Cocoon applications
for others."

Question: I believe it is possible using the cocoon:/ protocol to access any
pipeline in the whole cocoon space (not just the current sitemap); including
those marked internal-only="true". Am I correct in this?
If so, would there not be security issues with such a 'shared' arrangement
say hosted by an ISP?

Cheers,
Mark Leicester.