Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/27 10:57:37 UTC

OFBIZ: the road ahead RE Project Management

Hi all,

With the release of 10.04 we come to a point in time where we can think
about the future of the application(s) involved in Project Management.

In order to draw up a plan for future releases we would like have your
input.

What do you feel is important? What should be in, what should be removed,
what can be improved?

Please join us in this discussion about the Accounting application.

Regards,

Pierre

Re: OFBIZ: the road ahead RE Project Management

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
When thinking about improving the Project Management suite I think of
following improvements.

   - Ease up on the need to first add persons to resources. Employees should
   always be available for project teams.
   - More/better info on the project summary about the health of the project
   with regards being on time, on budget, and over. Maybe in the form of charts
   (est vs reality) or with smileys.
   - More/better info on the start page of the suite regarding the overall
   health of projects. See previous point
   - Moving time management outside of project mgt to a new app as time mgt
   also occurs in other places.
   - Be able to also do internal project management and FP/FT projects
   (which have a different accounting/billing aspect)

Regards,

Pierre

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
having the project manger display and manage  manufacturing Production Run

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Pierre Smits sent the following on 1/27/2011 1:57 AM: