Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "GAWLAS,JULIUS (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <ju...@hp.com> on 2001/12/14 02:26:31 UTC

Jk2: missing Makefiles/configure?

Hi,

I wanted to build jk2, but I could not find neither configure nor
makefiles in jk/native2.

Could you give me some pointers?

thanks
Julius

Re: Jk2: missing Makefiles/configure?

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, GAWLAS,JULIUS (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to build jk2, but I could not find neither configure nor
> makefiles in jk/native2.
>
> Could you give me some pointers?

Surprise :-)

Just type ant and see what happens. ( you may need to type 'ant jkant' in
j-t-c/jk first ).

I'll create a makefile, but for now ant is the only tool I use. Please
give it a try and let me know if it doesn't work for you. It uses libtool
( by default - it also supports msvc and other compilers ). You should
also be able to compile using apxs.

( we want jk2 to start using apr, so configure will not be needed - for
release we'll have makefiles and ant, if people like the idea )

Costin