Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Frank A <fs...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 20:53:35 UTC

Handling Updates

I'm still pretty new to SOLR and have a question about handling updates.  I
currently have a db-config to do a bulk import.  I have a single root entity
and then some data that comes from other tables.  This works fine for an
initial bulk load.  However, once indexed, is there a way I can tell SOLR to
reindex a specific root entity (and all the related info).  I see the
information about the delta import but this looks like another bulk process,
I'm looking for more of a semi-realtime way to ask for a specific item to be
reindexed.  Should I move away from the db query approach for that?

Thanks.

Re: Handling Updates

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
You can pass variables to the DIH from the URL parameters. This would
let you pass a query term into the DIH operation.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com