Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com> on 2012/12/18 19:52:01 UTC

Publishing Hbase thrift metrics

Hi,

I am trying to publish hbase thrift2 metrics to ganglia on hbase-0.94.3 - I
have modified the "hadoop-metrics.properties" to have the correct GMETAD
IP. I can get metrics for the region servers/master but the thrift server
metrics are not showing up. Am I missing something ?

The log for the thrift server does show this initially:

12/12/18 18:40:48 INFO thrift.ThriftMetrics: Initializing RPC Metrics with
port=9090
12/12/18 18:40:48 DEBUG thrift.ThriftMetrics: Creating metrics for
interface interface ...
12/12/18 18:40:48 DEBUG thrift.ThriftMetrics: Creating metrics for method:..
.
.
.

Am I missing some configuration setting ?

Thanks
Varun