Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Amish <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/16 12:12:08 UTC

Xalan-C++ Solaris 8 question.

Hi All:

I am trying to build Xalan-C++ version 1.10.0 source code on Solaris 8,
using the GNU tools
like gcc (version 3.4.6) and make (version 3.81). The error that am geeting
is, and followed all the instructions are specified in the "Steps for doing
a UNIX build" in the Build Instruction section.

ld: fatal: library -lxalanMsg: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
../../lib/libxalan-c.so.110.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../../lib/libxalan-c.so.110.0] Error 1

Could you please help me out with this error.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Amish.

Re: Xalan-C++ Solaris 8 question.

Posted by Amish Gujarathi <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have also tried the Solaris/cc combination, but am getting the same error.
When i check or try to build the libxalan-c.so.110.0 library individually
from /xml-xalan/c/src/xalanc/Utils/XalanMsgLib it states that the
libxalan-c.so.110.0 is up-to-date. Their are no other errors being
encountered. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance,
Amish.

Posted by Amish Gujarathi <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dmitry,

Thanks a lot for all the assistance, Yes am using GNU make 3.81.

Here is the procedure that i follow to build Xalan on Solaris.

*My system:*
1) cc: Sun C 5.7 2005/01/07
2) SunOS varsha 5.8 Generic_117350-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
3) GNU make version 3.81
4) set XALANCROOT to "/home/mydir/xml-xalan/c"
5) Set the XERCESCROOT environment variable to the path to the root
directory of Xerces-C++.

For more information on the build instructions you can visit the website ->
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/build_instruct.html#unix

*Procedure:*
1) Downloaded Xalan-C_1_10_0-src.tar.gz and xerces-c-current.tar.gz.
2) gunzipped and untarred the two packages.
3) Made modification to xerces-c-src_2_7_0/src/xercesc/configure file needs
to be changed from:
if test "$platform"="OS400" || test "$platform" = "OS390";then
if test "$platform" = "OS400" || test "$platform" = "OS390";then
as this is an issue with the configuration file, if this change is not
implemented, the Makefile is created with size 0 Kb.
4) Then configure the xerces-c-src_2_7_0 using from directory
/xerces-c-src_2_7_0/src/xercesc
> runConfigure -p solaris -c cc -x CC -b 64
> make (which calls GNU make 3.81)
5) Now start with Xalan-C_1_10_0-src, configure using from directory
/xalan-xml/c
> runConfigure -p solaris -c cc -x CC -b 64 > make (which calls GNU make
3.81)

*Error:*
ld: fatal: library -lxalanMsg: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to ../../lib/libxalan-
c.so.110.0
make[1]: *** [../../lib/libxalan-c.so.110.0] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr1/PTC/XSLTDemo/xml-xalan/c/src/xalanc'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Amish.