Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2006/12/04 15:18:52 UTC

[Fwd: Re: please update the next release of Ant 1.7 to Xerces 2.9.0]

As raised on the user mail list. Should we upgrade? It would get the
latest version out, stop them receiving support calls related to old
apps, etc. And, assuming we have been using the live source tree in
gump, it is what we've been building against.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> As raised on the user mail list. Should we upgrade?

I share Jan's concern (class file format might be too recent), other
than that +1.

> And, assuming we have been using the live source tree in gump, it is
> what we've been building against.

I'm pretty sure that Xerces 2.9 came from trunk, but the XML APIs
thing might very well come from a branch we've never used in Gump.

Stefan