Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Amna&Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/02 08:25:28 UTC

problem: creating menus for 3rd level nodes onwards

Hi..

We have only tabs at the top of the publication pages and no menus at the
left. We want that menus appear at the left only for certain pages i.e. menus
appear at the third level pages and they should show nodes of the 4th level
only. To further explain it consider our sitetree:

  -- Research
  -- Staff
  -- Press
About Us
  -- Campuses
Academics
 -- Departments
      -- Computer Science
           -- History
           -- Faculty
      -- Computer Engineering
 -- Admissions

Menus should appear on  the 'Computer Science' page under Departments, which
would show only the pages under Computer Science i.e 'History' and 'Faculty';
and same for the other nodes at level 3.

We tried something in the page2xhtml.xsl file but it didn't work. Please guide
us as to what to do in page2xhtml.xsl and menu.xsl file.

Re: problem: creating menus for 3rd level nodes onwards

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 7/2/05, Amna&Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have only tabs at the top of the publication pages and no menus at the
> left. We want that menus appear at the left only for certain pages i.e. menus
> appear at the third level pages and they should show nodes of the 4th level
> only.
> We tried something in the page2xhtml.xsl file but it didn't work. Please guide
> us as to what to do in page2xhtml.xsl and menu.xsl file.

menu produces:

Write some XSL in page2xhtml.xsl to:
- Remove all DIV CLASS="menublock-1" and "menu-block2"
- Remove all DIV CLASS="menublock-selected-1", "menuitem-selected-1",
"menublock-selected-2", and "menuitem-selected-2"; but copy all
contained elements.

OR

Copy menu.xsl to menu3.xsl and remove the lines that create the XML for
"menublock-1", "menu-block2", "menublock-1", "menu-block2",
"menublock-selected-1", "menuitem-selected-1", "menublock-selected-2",
and "menuitem-selected-2".
- Then change your XMAP to use menu3 navigation.

solprovider