Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Iftikhar Rathore <if...@iphonica.com> on 2006/06/15 04:04:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Please help with mod_authnz_ldap

Hello
I am having a lot of trouble getting my users authenticated using
mod_authnz_ldap. There is not much info anywhere and google couldn't
help. And example .htaccess file would help greatly.

I have the .htaccess here (besides this .htaccess no other change has
been done to the default apache installation)

AuthType Basic
AuthName Mine
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
AuthLDAPURL ldap://localhost:389/ou=People,dc=zoreresearch,dc=com?uid
require valid-user

Whenever I try to authenticate (I do get the firefox login window
pop-up), but it does not authenticate when I give my name "uadmin" and
password. (I get the login pop-up back) and get this message.

[Wed Jun 14 18:56:04 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] access to /
failed, reason: verification of user id 'uadmin' not configured

Here are the particulars
The user is uid=uadmin,ou=People,dc=zoreresearch,dc=com

Apache version 2.2.0
Fedora Core 5 (2.6.16)

Any help will be appreciated, is there any way of getting that module to
dump some debug info?

Regards

[users@httpd] Re: Please help with mod_authnz_ldap

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
Iftikhar Rathore wrote:
> Hello
> I am having a lot of trouble getting my users authenticated using
> mod_authnz_ldap. There is not much info anywhere and google couldn't
> help. And example .htaccess file would help greatly.
>
> I have the .htaccess here (besides this .htaccess no other change has
> been done to the default apache installation)
>
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName Mine
> AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
> AuthLDAPURL ldap://localhost:389/ou=People,dc=zoreresearch,dc=com?uid
> require valid-user

It's slightly hidden in the documentation
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html), but:

"When using mod_auth_basic, this module is invoked via the
AuthBasicProvider  directive with the ldap value." (last line before the
'Contents' chapter)

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] Please help with mod_authnz_ldap

Posted by Mika Borner <Mi...@clariden.com>.
You might be missing the "AuthBasicProvider ldap" -directive.

//Mika

>>> iftikharrathore@iphonica.com 06/15/06 4:04 am >>>
[...]

This message is intended for the addressee only and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended receiver, any disclosure, copying
to any person or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be un-
lawful. You must therefore delete this e-mail.
Internet communications may not be secure or error-free
and may contain viruses. They may be subject to possible
data corruption, accidental or on purpose. This e-mail is
not and should not be construed as an offer or the
solicitation of an offer to purchase or subscribe or sell
or redeem any investments.

Re: [users@httpd] Please help with mod_authnz_ldap

Posted by Kyle Keppler <kc...@valdosta.edu>.
Is your LDAP server configured to allow anonymous searches? If not
you'll need to use the BindDN and BindPW (I think that was the word, but
you get the picture) directives.

Kyle