Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Niklas Matthies <ml...@nmhq.net> on 2007/12/10 13:16:05 UTC

Conflict managers for module sets

Is my understanding correct that when defining a conflict manager for
a set of modules (i.e. in a <module> element), then this conflict
manager will be used to resolve conflicts between revisions of modules
in that set, NOT to resolve conflicts in dependencies of modules in
that set?

-- Niklas Matthies

Re: Conflict managers for module sets

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 13, 2007 6:24 PM, Niklas Matthies <ml...@nmhq.net> wrote:

> On Thu 2007-12-13 at 18:18h, Xavier Hanin wrote on ivy-user:
> > On Dec 10, 2007 1:16 PM, Niklas Matthies <ml...@nmhq.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Is my understanding correct that when defining a conflict manager for
> > > a set of modules (i.e. in a <module> element), then this conflict
> > > manager will be used to resolve conflicts between revisions of modules
> > > in that set, NOT to resolve conflicts in dependencies of modules in
> > > that set?
> >
> > Yes, this is absolutely correct.
>
> Thanks! It wasn't quite clear to me from reading the documentation.

Feel free to submit a documentation patch :-)

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Conflict managers for module sets

Posted by Niklas Matthies <ml...@nmhq.net>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Conflict managers for module sets

Posted by Niklas Matthies <ml...@nmhq.net>.
On Mon 2007-12-10 at 13:16h, Niklas Matthies wrote on ivy-user:
> Is my understanding correct that when defining a conflict manager for
> a set of modules (i.e. in a <module> element), then this conflict
> manager will be used to resolve conflicts between revisions of modules
> in that set, NOT to resolve conflicts in dependencies of modules in
> that set?

Xavier? Anyone?

-- Niklas Matthies