Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Alexey Ousov <ao...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/03 11:01:35 UTC

Synapse non-standard usage - scheduler

Hello All.
I need something non-standard with Synapse. Say I have the following
endpoint:
        <filter source="get-property('To')" regex=".*/dbService$">
            <send>
                <endpoint>
                    <loadbalance>
                        <endpoint>
                            <address
uri="http://192.168.38.1:8084/te/processes/dbService">

<suspendDurationOnFailure>60</suspendDurationOnFailure>
                                <timeout>
                                    <duration>15</duration>
                                    <action>fault</action>
                                </timeout>
                            </address>
                        </endpoint>
                        <endpoint>
                            <address
uri="http://192.168.38.2:8084/te/processes/dbService">

<suspendDurationOnFailure>60</suspendDurationOnFailure>
                                <timeout>
                                    <duration>15</duration>
                                    <action>fault</action>
                                </timeout>
                            </address>
                        </endpoint>
                    </loadbalance>
                </endpoint>
            </send>
            <drop />
        </filter>

Now I need some king of scheduler, which every 10 minutes sends to this
endpoint some SOAP request (constant request). I don't want to develop
standalone application/cron job/windows scheduler to do this work, it
will be great if Synapse could do it by itself (of course Synapse will
do its standard work also as a SOAP balancing proxy). So can I develop
some <little> plugin to do this scheduling task from inside Synapse, or
maybe something like this was already implemented? Please show me the
way, where I can start with this.

Regards,
Alexey Ousov

Re: Synapse non-standard usage - scheduler

Posted by Alexey Ousov <ao...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ruwan, this is exactly what I need.

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexey,

--
Ruwan Linton