Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Daniel Peters <da...@idealo.de> on 2011/01/03 18:24:06 UTC

Problems with continueToOriginalDestination?

Hallo,

i just wanted to ask if anybody else has problems with Component.continueToOriginalDestination() at the moment...
For me it only works as expected until 1.4.12 , but all later versions (.13 to .15) return false and the following code
just sends the user to the application homepage:

if (!continueToOriginalDestination())
   setResponsePage(Application.get().getHomePage());

The only diffrence is the wicket-version and I can reproduce it in my app. But before I build a quickstart, i wanted to
ask here if anybody else noticed it... I think it's weird that I can't find another bugreport about it... :/

Some basic infos: Browser=FF, Root-Context or not doesn't make a diffrence

regards,
Daniel

Re: Problems with continueToOriginalDestination?

Posted by "N. Metzger" <nm...@odu.edu>.
I solved my problem (not sure if that applies to yours). For OC4J I need my
web.xml to use the servlet configuration whereas for weblogic I use the
filter configuration. Now everything works as intended.

Natalie

Re: Problems with continueToOriginalDestination?

Posted by "N. Metzger" <nm...@odu.edu>.
Hi Daniel,

I have seen it, too. Strangely enough it worked with 1.4.15 on my last
deploy. Now I added Guice in the mix and the redirect works when I deploy
with weblogic. When I deploy with OC4J it fails and redirects me to the
homepage.

Sorry I'm not much help here, but maybe someone else has an idea.

Natalie

Re: Problems with continueToOriginalDestination?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Daniel Peters <da...@idealo.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> i just wanted to ask if anybody else has problems with
> Component.continueToOriginalDestination() at the moment...
> For me it only works as expected until 1.4.12 , but all later versions (.13
> to .15) return false and the following code just sends the user to the
> application homepage:
>
> if (!continueToOriginalDestination())
>  setResponsePage(Application.get().getHomePage());
>
> The only diffrence is the wicket-version and I can reproduce it in my app.
> But before I build a quickstart, i wanted to ask here if anybody else
> noticed it... I think it's weird that I can't find another bugreport about
> it... :/
>
> Some basic infos: Browser=FF, Root-Context or not doesn't make a diffrence

I haven't personally seen it.  Best bet is a JIRA + quickstart.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com