Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Bodis, Jerome" <bo...@uni-mainz.de> on 2012/01/25 21:30:02 UTC

Trouble with Page Markup Inheritance & getVariation()

Hi,

I have a web page 'ChildPage' that inherits (java/markup) from a 'SuperPage' ('ChildPage' --> 'SuperPage'). 'ChildPage' now needs to override getVariation() based on PageParameter, for example with "test". What I expect is the following markup: ChildPage_test.html ---> SuperPage.html.
While this works with wicket 1.4.19 it doesn't with 1.5.x (tested with 1.5.1 & 1.5.4) __if and only if__ 'SuperPage' has a component added (a label in the quickstarts).
I read about the separation of getVariation() from getStyle() with wicket 1.5.x. Is my Problem related to this separation or have I missed something ?

I attached two quickstarts showing what I mean - click on the links :-)

Thanks in advance

Re: Trouble with Page Markup Inheritance & getVariation()

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Looks like a problem in Wicket.
Please create a ticket.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Bodis, Jerome <bo...@uni-mainz.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a web page 'ChildPage' that inherits (java/markup) from a 'SuperPage' ('ChildPage' --> 'SuperPage'). 'ChildPage' now needs to override getVariation() based on PageParameter, for example with "test". What I expect is the following markup: ChildPage_test.html ---> SuperPage.html.
> While this works with wicket 1.4.19 it doesn't with 1.5.x (tested with 1.5.1 & 1.5.4) __if and only if__ 'SuperPage' has a component added (a label in the quickstarts).
> I read about the separation of getVariation() from getStyle() with wicket 1.5.x. Is my Problem related to this separation or have I missed something ?
>
> I attached two quickstarts showing what I mean - click on the links :-)
>
> Thanks in advance

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

RE: Trouble with Page Markup Inheritance & getVariation()

Posted by "Bodis, Jerome" <bo...@uni-mainz.de>.