Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sudhir <su...@SEECASIA.com> on 2002/06/01 14:11:48 UTC

axis installation with weblogic6.1

HI

I am new to axis . I am trying to install axis beta2 with weblogic6.1. I
have copied webappa\axis to mydomain\applications. while I am  run admin
client or  smaples I am getting the following error.

org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException:
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDException: java.lang.Exception: Must
include
 type attribute for Handler deployment!
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java
:218)
        at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:173)
        at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:158)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.<init>(AxisServer.java:121)
        at
org.apache.axis.server.DefaultAxisServerFactory.createNewServer(DefaultAxisS
erverFactory.java:155)
        at
org.apache.axis.server.DefaultAxisServerFactory.getServer(DefaultAxisServerF
actory.java:93)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.getServer(AxisServer.java:105)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.getEngine(AxisServlet.java:202)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.getEngine(AxisServlet.java:166)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:436)
        at
:245)
        at
:200)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:2279)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1923)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

I have seens few messages related to "Must include type attribute for
Handler deployment! " problem. I couldn't find the solution to this problem.
Anyone got the solution this problem?

Thanks
Sudhir

Re: axis installation with weblogic6.1

Posted by Vikram Rayabhari <vi...@yasutech.com>.
Hi,

I traced this exception back to the fact that the DocumentBuilderFactory
returned by org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.InitDOMFactory() is
weblogic's version of xerces that does not seem to be compatible with
axis. I had to hardcode the factory to an instance of xerces2.0's
implementation class for it to work.

Of course, I had to add xerces2.0 jars to weblogic's classpath.

This may not be the cleanest solution but it worked for me.

HTH
Vikram