Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Skondras Panos <ps...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/04 13:56:51 UTC

Tomcat 6 Windows Service

Hi all,
I install Tomcat 6 as a services in windows 2000.
I follow the how-to and all went ok.
Now i want to install another service of tomcat 6 BUT for this service
i want to get a different server.xml file than the other service.
I want to do this without having to copy the dir of tomcat and install
the service from there.I want to have one installation of tomcat.
I tried all the StartParams option with no luck.
Also i tries the tomcat6w config tool to add the parameter no luck.
When i run catalina.bat start -config /con/server2.xml all works ok.
Any suggestions.
Thanks in advance

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;

Re: Tomcat 6 Windows Service

Posted by Skondras Panos <ps...@yahoo.com>.
Setting the catalina_base solves the problem but you have to create a
new dir for the conf files.
Is there a way to just pass as a parameter the server.xml in the startUp class as StartParams or something else.
Thanks a lot

--- Στις Δευτ., 04/08/08, ο/η Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> έγραψε:

> Από: Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
> Θέμα: Re: Tomcat 6 Windows Service
> Προς: "Tomcat Users List" <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
> Ημερομηνία: Δευτέρα, 4 Αύγουστος 2008, 17:21
> Skondras Panos wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I install Tomcat 6 as a services in windows 2000.
> > I follow the how-to and all went ok.
> > Now i want to install another service of tomcat 6 BUT
> for this service
> > i want to get a different server.xml file than the
> other service.
> > I want to do this without having to copy the dir of
> tomcat and install
> > the service from there.I want to have one installation
> of tomcat.
> > I tried all the StartParams option with no luck.
> > Also i tries the tomcat6w config tool to add the
> parameter no luck.
> > When i run catalina.bat start -config /con/server2.xml
> all works ok.
> > Any suggestions.
>
> Read RUNNING.txt
> Use service.bat to create multiple instances with different
> service names.
>
> Mark

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@tomcat.apache.org