Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mohamed Lrhazi <Mo...@georgetown.edu> on 2016/03/18 06:38:29 UTC

Deploy latest cassandra on top of datastax-ddc ?

Would simply overriding this one jar file do it? else could you please
share a procedure?

[root@avesterra-prod-1 ~]# rpm -qa| grep stax

datastax-ddc-tools-3.2.1-1.noarch
datastax-ddc-3.2.1-1.noarch

[root@avesterra-prod-1 ~]# cp /tmp/apache-cassandra-3.6-SNAPSHOT.jar
/usr/share/cassandra/apache-cassandra-3.2.1.jar

[root@avesterra-prod-1 ~]# systemctl restart cassandra

[root@avesterra-prod-1 ~]# cassandra -v
3.6-SNAPSHOT
[root@avesterra-prod-1 ~]#

Thanks a lot,
Mohamed.

Re: Deploy latest cassandra on top of datastax-ddc ?

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Mohamed Lrhazi <
Mohamed.Lrhazi@georgetown.edu> wrote:

> FYI.. for the curious.. what I did resulted in a cluster where i tested
> these two things:

I have no inclination to keep using such a setup.. just reporting the
> experiment :)

FWIW, given the general .jar-ryness of the product, IRC discussion
suggested that this mode may be less-insane than I would personally presume.

I am still not recommending it! :D

=Rob

Re: Deploy latest cassandra on top of datastax-ddc ?

Posted by Mohamed Lrhazi <Mo...@georgetown.edu>.
Thanks Robert.

FYI.. for the curious.. what I did resulted in a cluster where i tested
these two things:

- nodetool status shows all 8 nodes as Up and Nomral.
- A couple of cql select statements seem to return correct data.

I have no inclination to keep using such a setup.. just reporting the
experiment :)

Thanks,
Mohamed.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.