Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/05 16:21:01 UTC

problem with xsl portlet

I have been using the XSL portlet in 1.4 b1 and have had no problems.  When
I upgraded to 1.4 b3, I started to see the message "Unable to display for
this browser" instead of the transformed data.  I have traced the code in
the XSL portlet and understand why it doesn't work.

Here is the scenario...

I have a XSL portlet entry in the xreg.  This portlet uses the parameter
"stylesheet" to declare what stylesheet to use.

When the XSL portlet's init method is called, the stylesheet map loads the
stylesheet into the map with the key "text/html; charset=UTF-8".

During the getContent method of the XSL portlet, the CapabilityMap returns
the preferred type as "text/html".  This is not found in the map and
therefore the stylesheet is not found, producing the error message that I
see.

If I change the XSL parameter from stylesheet to stylesheet.text/html, then
it works fine.  Is there any way of avoiding this?  Is there anything that I
can change in the client.xreg or the media.xreg to solve this?  Or is this a
bug?

Any information would be appreciated.

Jeremy Ford