Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Kulchar <ek...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/25 20:04:02 UTC

Should there be references to SNAPSHOTs in a production release?

Hello,

org.apache.xbean:xbean-classloader:jar:3.3-SNAPSHOT

We'd like to use ServiceMix in production.  And we would rather not have
*any* SNAPSHOT bean dependencies, that doesn't seem too wise.

So the questions are
?Are you going to use SNAPSHOT dependencies in the future?
?Is there anything we can do to use 3.2.2 w/o any SNAPSHOT references?

Thanks for your time
Kulchar

Re: Should there be references to SNAPSHOTs in a production release?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Kulchar,

No, you are right, there shouldn't be any references to SNAPSHOT version
in a release -- this one accidently got in the 3.2.2 release through a
Maven transitive dependency.  This issue was just fixed today and you
shouldn't be seeing it again in a next release.

Just to reassure you: we have also frozen down the 3.3-SNAPSHOT by
putting a copy in our own m2 repository, so if you do a build now, you
at least get this SNAPSHOT version and not any given development SNAPSHOT.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Gert