Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2011/01/13 17:44:10 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server 2.1.5-unstable released

          Apache Traffic Server v2.1.5-unstable Released

The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Traffic Server project are
pleased to announce the release of Apache Traffic Server v2.1.5.

This is a developer release, and might not be 100% stable. However,  we
encourage Traffic Server users to download and try our developer
releases, and file bugs (and/or send patches), to help prepare our next
stable release (which will be v3.0). In particular, users of the v2.1.0
to v2.1.4 releases are encouraged to upgrade to this version as soon as
possible.

This release has a few new features, and many bug fixes, and is
immediately available for download at

http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads.html

More details about this release is available on this download page.

Cheers,

-- The Apache Traffic Server community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server 2.1.5-unstable released

Posted by a...@test123.ru.
Yes. Otherwise forward proxy does not work.

Posted by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com>.
last time when I saw the logs without HOSTs on forward proxy, is caused
by setting proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required = 1, which is the
default value.

have you changed it to 0? as FAQ:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/FAQ#FAQ-forwardproxy

在 2011-01-20四的 16:44 +0700,a@test123.ru写道:
> Well, I checked explicit proxy mode - log is OK. 2.1.5 fixed that. Try to reproduce in transparent mode.
> I use iptables as follows:
>
> -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3129
> Where
> eth0 is internal net
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_port INT 3129
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_port_attr STRING >
>

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:52:11 -0700, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On 01/18/2011 01:42 AM, a@test123.ru wrote:
> >> I installed 2.1.5 and there is same problem with log - wrong URL.
> >> # /opt/traffic/bin/traffic_logcat  /opt/traffic/var/log/trafficserver/squid.blog
> >> 1295338766.964 310 192.168.1.18 TCP_MISS/200 23958 GET http:///db/msg/1249162 -
> >> DIRECT/www.astronet.ru text/html -
> >> 1295338767.133 132 192.168.1.18 TCP_MISS/301 410 GET http:///cycounter?www.astronet.ru -
> >> DIRECT/www.yandex.ru text/html -
> >

> > Weird, I can't see to reproduce this, in forward proxy mode ('curl -x
> > localhost:8080 http://www.ogre.com/') I see this in my log:
> >
> > 1295498905. 109 127.0.0.1 TCP_REFRESH_HIT/200 31647 GET
> > http://www.ogre.com/ - DIRECT/www.ogre.com text/html -
> >
> > -- leif

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server 2.1.5-unstable released

Posted by a...@test123.ru.
>> But there is no doc how to setup this interesting feature. Should I try?
>
> Sure, why not. :)

Wow, that's interesting internal stats. I added to records.config:
proxy.config.http_ui_enabled INT 3
proxy.config.http.enable_http_info INT 1
map http://gw/cache-internal/ http://{cache-internal}
map http://gw/cache/ http://{cache}
map http://gw/stat/ http://{stat}
map http://gw/test/ http://{test}
map http://gw/hostdb/ http://{hostdb}
map http://gw/net/ http://{net}
map http://gw/http/ http://{http}

gw is hostname of ATS server. I cannot open http://gw:8081/stat/. 8081 is admin.web_interface_port. Also netstat says nobody listens on 8081.  Any hints how to configure this feature?

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server 2.1.5-unstable released

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 01/20/2011 08:40 PM, a@test123.ru wrote:
> 2.1.5 works as good as 2.1.4 - increase timeouts and everything goes smoothly 8)) Hovewer, I do not use plugins. Just basic forward proxy. The only thing I miss is statistics, that's why I need log.

There are some stats, but with logs, you obviously get more. Here's an
example of stats you can get without logs (these are tracked in the core
stats system):

     http://www.ogre.com/~leif/ats/stats_example.js

(I reset the stats). With logs, using latest traffic_logstats, you can
get for example

     http://www.ogre.com/~leif/ats/logstats_example.js

Sure, why not. :)

-- Leif

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:30:16 -0700, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 01/20/2011 02:44 AM, a@test123.ru wrote:
>> Well, I checked explicit proxy mode - log is OK. 2.1.5 fixed that. Try to reproduce in
>> transparent mode.
>> I use iptables as follows:
>>
>> -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3129
>> Where
>> eth0 is internal net
>> CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_port INT 3129
>> CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_port_attr STRING>
>
> Ah, ok, so it might be something with the transparent code. Hopefully
> Alan (amc) is reading this, and can answer :).
>
> Any other problems with v2.1.5 so far? We're working towards stability
> in both code and APIs, v2.1.6 should be the last version where we break
> any APIs, and v2.1.7 will solely focus on code stability I think (in
> prep for a v3.0.0 release).
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Leif

Broken logs in transparent mode

Posted by a...@test123.ru.
Hello,

I report this problem 3rd time and would like to get clear answer. Devs, do you confirm the bug? Are you going to fix this? Naturally, it looks like 2.1.7 "stable" will not fix logs.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Problem with client side transparency and log URLs.

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
Sorry for the very long delay, I missed this because I thought it was a discussion of the release.

I will take a look at it. I don't use NAT for transparent mode, although in theory it should work. But if you're using NAT, you should be able to use explicit proxy mode and have it look transparent to the clients.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 01/18/2011 01:42 AM, a@test123.ru wrote:
> I installed 2.1.5 and there is same problem with log - wrong URL.
> # /opt/traffic/bin/traffic_logcat  /opt/traffic/var/log/trafficserver/squid.blog
> 1295338766.964 310 192.168.1.18 TCP_MISS/200 23958 GET http:///db/msg/1249162 - DIRECT/www.astronet.ru text/html -
> 1295338767.133 132 192.168.1.18 TCP_MISS/301 410 GET http:///cycounter?www.astronet.ru - DIRECT/www.yandex.ru text/html -

Weird, I can't see to reproduce this, in forward proxy mode ('curl -x
localhost:8080 http://www.ogre.com/') I see this in my log:

1295498905. 109 127.0.0.1 TCP_REFRESH_HIT/200 31647 GET
http://www.ogre.com/ - DIRECT/www.ogre.com text/html -

-- leif

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server 2.1.5-unstable released

Posted by a...@test123.ru.
I installed 2.1.5 and there is same problem with log - wrong URL.
# /opt/traffic/bin/traffic_logcat  /opt/traffic/var/log/trafficserver/squid.blog
1295338766.964 310 192.168.1.18 TCP_MISS/200 23958 GET http:///db/msg/1249162 - DIRECT/www.astronet.ru text/html -
1295338767.133 132 192.168.1.18 TCP_MISS/301 410 GET http:///cycounter?www.astronet.ru - DIRECT/www.yandex.ru text/html -

Inside squid.blog binary file I see strings like
http:///cycounter?www.astronet.ru
http:///wiki/skins/common/commonPrint.css?207

My ATS is forward proxy. Debian Lenny. Compiled as:
./configure --prefix=/opt/traffic --with-group=nogroup --with-user=nobody