Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/31 20:21:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] README for PyPi

I've taken a swipe at the README file that gets parsed into PyPi for the
text description of the artifacts uploaded there. You can see what it looks
like deployed to the PyPi test site at this point:

https://testpypi.python.org/pypi/gremlinpython

The source file for this is here:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/01398b0444d5eb15bf50160cccf0001c73c803b6/gremlin-python/src/main/jython/README

It's in RST format - blah - as that's the only formatted text PyPi will
parse. Python ecosystem is so weird. I hope i run into another sourceforge
project hosting python stuff today - that will be sweet.

If there are any suggested updates (an image of Gremlin might be nice - but
i'm done fussing with RST for the day), please yell.

Re: [DISCUSS] README for PyPi

Posted by Dylan Millikin <dy...@gmail.com>.
This looks good. Really liking how this has turned out.

Re: [DISCUSS] README for PyPi

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Regarding images, you could add the image below if you were so inclined.

	https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/master/docs/static/images/gremlin-python-drawing.png <https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/master/docs/static/images/gremlin-python-drawing.png>