Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/16 21:08:22 UTC

API changes between 2.9.x and 3.x

Hey

Other than the ResourceURI fixes, I think that we're pretty much done
the backporting for 2.9.x on Android.  That being said, I notice that
we break apart Notification into Notification and Vibration for 3.0.x
because of the W3C.  I'm thinking that we don't want to move things
like API changes back, since this could complicate the release, which
should just be about stability fixes.

Any thoughts on API changes, and whether we should care?

Joe

Re: API changes between 2.9.x and 3.x

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
ya no api upgrades for 2.9 series

(but def should strive for API upgrades now that plugins are discreet)

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@google.com>.
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> Other than the ResourceURI fixes, I think that we're pretty much done
> the backporting for 2.9.x on Android.  That being said, I notice that
> we break apart Notification into Notification and Vibration for 3.0.x
> because of the W3C.  I'm thinking that we don't want to move things
> like API changes back, since this could complicate the release, which
> should just be about stability fixes.

Agreed. We shouldn't be reorganizing anything in 2.9.x at this point. It
should all be stability/bug fixes, which shouldn't require any changes to
application code (unless they were relying on the bug :) )

Ian