Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/19 10:02:22 UTC

OneClickMustella 0.1 - take it for a spin

OneClickMustella can now:
1.  Run a webserver, listen on port 80 (or any other port you like)
2.  Open and run commands via terminal (Windows only for now)
3.  Invoke svn status to get a list of changed files
4.  Create the dependencyDB of classes
5   Generate changes.txt which contains the tests required to be run for
the current set of files that have been changed
6.  Run the mini_run.bat with various options such as -all, -failures,
-rerun, -changes, etc.

This is just the first cut.  Lots of hacks, treat this as a POC.  More
coming...

This most probably wont work on a Mac.  But it should be quite easy to make
it work.

The source code can be found here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/sdk/branches/develop/mustella/utilities/OneClickMustella

Steps to test:

a.  Make a change to a file, ex.
develop\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components.RichText.as
b.  Open OneClickMustella
c.  Select Flex SDK path
d.  Select path to Shell - typically C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe (This is
where it wont work for Macs yet.  Someone take this up?)
e.  Click on "Start Web Server" button
f.  Click on "Generate DB" button
g.  On the right side, click "Get Modifiied Files" button
h.  In the "Test Chooser" panel, you should see the list get populated.
 Then click "Compute Tests"
i.  Click "Run on changes" button

You should see the tests run and the console output in the text area on the
right.  In a while, you should also see the FP debugger player popping up
and run tests.  Sit back and enjoy the test run.  In the end, you should
see a tests  success or failure message.

As you will see, the UI is quite bad.  I will worry about that later :-)
 This whole thing now runs end to end and I wanted to quickly share it with
the team.

More coming...

Thanks,
Om

RE: OneClickMustella 0.1 - take it for a spin

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Thanks for sharing that, I'm gonna try it soon :)

- Fred