Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hookom, Jacob" <Ja...@redline.mckhboc.com> on 2004/01/29 20:21:25 UTC

[OT] JSF Model Lifecycle Management

I've been looking at using JSF for our next large project.  A lot of what we
want to do for managing state would be in the session scope, treated like
controllers.

My question is: how can I know when these beans are initialized and is there
any way for me to manage their lifecycle through ActionListeners (etc).  I
would like to be able to clean up these session beans and then re-initialize
them as needed depending on what "module" the users are in.

Also, if these bean serve multiple roles (possibly also as an
ActionListener), is it plausible to presume that the instance is the session
scope is the one that will respond to the ActionListener, or do I need to
treat the ActionListener as an adapter to the session instance?

Finally, is the API stable enough with JSF to start developing a large
project with it?

Many Thanks!
--------
Jacob Hookom