Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Marcel Grunauer <ma...@codewerk.com> on 2000/08/22 13:50:32 UTC

Apache::mod_perl_guide installation quirk

I'm using CPAN.pm to install Apache::mod_perl_guide and have noticed two things:

I didn't have Pod::HtmlPsPdf installed, but instead of downloading and installing that module automatically, it just said that it wasn't installed and stopped.

After installing Pod::HtmlPsPdf, it installed fine but then I used a
different path than the default and it complained about missing files,
when they were, in fact, present:

Enter the directory to install the html files : [/home/httpd/docs/manual/mod_perl_guide] /usr/local/apache/marcel/htdocs/perldocs/mod_perl/guide
Checking if your kit is complete...
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
        ./.config
        ./COPYING
        ./Changes
        ./LICENSE
        ./MANIFEST
        ./Makefile.PL
        ./README
        ./bin/build
        ./conf/html2ps-global.conf
        ./conf/html2ps-slides.conf
        ./conf/html2ps.conf
        ./conf/hyphen.tex
        ./mod_perl_guide.pm
        ./src/CHANGES
        ./src/Version.pm
        ./src/advocacy.pod
        ./src/browserbugs.pod
        ./src/code/DB_File-Lock2.pm
        ./src/code/My-DB.pm
        ./src/code/mysql-3.22.29_backup.pl
        ./src/code/mysql-3.22.29_restore.pl
        ./src/code/mysql-3.22.30+_backup.pl
        ./src/code/mysql-3.22.30+_restore.pl
        ./src/config.pod
        ./src/control.pod
        ./src/correct_headers.pod
        ./src/databases.pod
        ./src/dbm.pod
        ./src/debug.pod
        ./src/download.pod
        ./src/frequent.pod
        ./src/hardware.pod
        ./src/help.pod
        ./src/images/mod_perl.gif
        ./src/images/mod_perl2.jpg
        ./src/install.pod
        ./src/intro.pod
        ./src/modules.pod
        ./src/multiuser.pod
        ./src/performance.pod
        ./src/perl.pod
        ./src/porting.pod
        ./src/scenario.pod
        ./src/security.pod
        ./src/snippets.pod
        ./src/start.pod
        ./src/strategy.pod
        ./src/style.css
        ./src/troubleshooting.pod
        ./tmpl/index.tmpl
        ./tmpl/indexps.tmpl
        ./tmpl/page.tmpl
        ./tmpl/pageps.tmpl
        ./tmpl/splitpage.tmpl
Please inform the author.
Writing Makefile for Apache::mod_perl_guide
/usr/local/cpan/build/Apache-mod_perl_guide-1.26/bin/build -m
+++ Processing the pod files
+++ intro.pod             : processing (modified / forced)

and so on, then it installed fine.

Maybe some problem with relative paths?

--
Marcel Gr\"unauer - Codewerk plc . . . . . . . . . . . <http://www.codewerk.com>
Perl Consulting, Programming, Training, Code review . . .  <ma...@codewerk.com>

Re: Apache::mod_perl_guide installation quirk

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Marcel Grunauer wrote:

> I'm using CPAN.pm to install Apache::mod_perl_guide and have noticed two things:

Thanks for this report Marcel!

> I didn't have Pod::HtmlPsPdf installed, but instead of downloading and installing that module automatically, it just said that it wasn't installed and stopped.

A missing PREREQ_PM entry in Makefile.PL -- it's fixed in the CVS version.

> After installing Pod::HtmlPsPdf, it installed fine but then I used a
> different path than the default and it complained about missing files,
> when they were, in fact, present:
>
> Enter the directory to install the html files : [/home/httpd/docs/manual/mod_perl_guide] /usr/local/apache/marcel/htdocs/perldocs/mod_perl/guide
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
>         ./.config
>         ./COPYING
>         ./Changes
>         ./LICENSE
[more files snipped]
>         ./src/troubleshooting.pod
>         ./tmpl/index.tmpl
>         ./tmpl/indexps.tmpl
>         ./tmpl/page.tmpl
>         ./tmpl/pageps.tmpl
>         ./tmpl/splitpage.tmpl
> Please inform the author.
> Writing Makefile for Apache::mod_perl_guide
> /usr/local/cpan/build/Apache-mod_perl_guide-1.26/bin/build -m
> +++ Processing the pod files
> +++ intro.pod             : processing (modified / forced)
>
> and so on, then it installed fine.
>
> Maybe some problem with relative paths?

I don't know why, but MANIFEST doesn't accept files starting with ./ --
very weird. Anyway it's fixed now.

Thanks!

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com   perl.org   apache.org