Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by jacky <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/27 10:11:48 UTC

param in request

hi,
  I added a link in  jsp
link </a>

but in portlet, the param titleId can't be retrieved by
request.getParamter("titleId").  result is null.
 how can i get the param in portlet?

--
  Best Regards.
      jacky

Re: param in request

Posted by Brian Nielsen <br...@sweetxml.org>.
Hi jacky

I'm no expert but I think your making a plain GET param that the
Portal/Portlet Container in principle do not know what portlet it
belongs to. You should do something like:

<portlet:renderURL var="myViewUrlWithParam">
  <portlet:param name="titleId" value="1600630" />
 </portlet:renderURL>

and then

Have a look at how the portlet container inserts this in the URL.

Try and have a look at the specification it's not that hard a read. I
"PLT.7.1 PortletURL" it says:

<quote>
Because some portal/portlet-containers implementations may encode
internal state as part
of the URL query string, portlet developers should not code forms using
the HTTP GET
method.
</quote>

Thinking about it now I'll say that the point is that with portlets you
have to 'generate' urls (for view og action) which is very different
from normal webapps.

Brgds, Brian