Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by da...@oracle.com on 2014/03/21 16:17:34 UTC

Getting times for all the jobs run on a YARN cluster

Hi,
I'm trying to get all the start and finish times for all the run jobs on
a yarn cluster.

yarn application -list -appStates ALL

Will get me most of the details of the jobs, but not the times. However,
I can parse this for the application ids and then run

yarn application -status $ID

on each application id to get an output that I can parse for the time.
However this involves making lots of connections to yarn, so is
relatively slow. Is there a single command I can use to get all this
information?

Many thanks in advance

Daniel