Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com> on 2007/07/12 16:14:12 UTC

Problem with Hivemind proxies in Hibernate

================
Approach 1 :

I have two pojos : Parent and Child with there respective interface
IParent and IChild.

public Interface IParent {
    public void setChild(IChild child);
    public IChild getChild();
}

In Hivemind, i have declared the services below :

  <service-point id="Parent" interface="IParent">
      <invoke-factory>
          <construct class="Parent">
                <set-object property="child" value="service:Child"/>
          </construct>
      </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

  <service-point id="Child" interface="IChild">
      <invoke-factory>
          <construct class="Child"/>
      </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

Hivemind works with interfaces so, in my code, i get a child from its
parent :
    IChild child1 = parent.getChild();
Using this approach, i assume that child1 is in fact a Hivemind proxy on
my child1 pojo (tell me if i'm wrong). So i can't convert IChild into
Child ...

And then, i would like to persist my pojo child1 using a DAO :

public Interface IChildDao {
    public void persist(IChild child);
}

But Hibernate doesn't know how to persist IChild because what it really
try to persist is a Hivemind proxy !

================
Approach 2 :

I know that Hibernate isn't able to persist the interface so the my DAO
interface becomes :

public Interface IChildDao {
    public void persist(Child child);
}

So i need to get the instance of my pojo Child and not an interface from
my pojo Parent :
    Child child1 = parent.getChild();

That's implies that my parent interface becomes :

public Interface IParent {
    public void setChild(Child child);
    public Child getChild();
}

And in this case Hivemind doesn't build my services !

I can't find the architecture which satisfies both framework ...
Any help would be very appreciated !

Stephane.

Re: Problem with Hivemind proxies in Hibernate

Posted by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com>.
Hi Johan,

It's only a sample to show the problem i'm faced with.

In my real application, i've got a singleton pojo which is never
persisted (here my parent) but this singleton is a kind of factory for
over pojos (like the child) which are persisted using Hibernate.
By the way, i need Hivemind to generate those pojos because my children
are themselves complex pojos which encapsulates other pojos defined in
Hivemind.

Stephane

Posted by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com>.
Thanks James, i will cast an eye on that during my vacations ;-)

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.