Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Srikar.S.S" <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/30 07:25:08 UTC

Samples don't work...

Hi,
I am new to SOAP and am trying out the samples.
When I try the address book sample, I get the following exception:

Getting info for "Mr Good"
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher': class name
  'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved: samples.addressbook.Address
.
Adding "John Doe"
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher': class name
  'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved: samples.addressbook.Address

I deployed the sample using the testit batch file.
Is there something that I am missing???

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1.

thanx in advance,
srikar

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by "Srikar.S.S" <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Rainer,
That's right.
I had a look in to the TcpTunnelGui class and it doesn't provide any methods for
getting the SOAP message.
I was thinking of extending the RPCRouter and intercepting the message but it too
doesn't provide any APIs for accessing the message...

thanx,
srikar

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by "Srikar.S.S" <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Rainer,

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by Rainer Faller <ra...@innovations.de>.

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by Anshuman Singh <an...@netcontinuum.com>.
hi,
i think if you change the urn that is specified in the soap client program to
a servlet that can be custom written for this purpose ...
you can get the soap message in your servlet - myservlet - and then
after you change it you can 'forward' that request ..

hope that helps,

anshuman

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by Pablo <pa...@eneris.com>.
Hi,

I mean a progran that listens in one port and everything that comes from
that port is redirected to another one. It is like a gateway. If you
wait until the whole message is received you can change it and then
forward it to the server. There are many of them written but I cannot
provide an url now.

Hope it helps!

    Pablo

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by Pablo <pa...@eneris.com>.
Hi,

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by "Srikar.S.S" <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Pablo,

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by "Srikar.S.S" <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Pablo,

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by Anshuman Singh <an...@netcontinuum.com>.
hi,

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by Pablo <pa...@eneris.com>.

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by Pablo <pa...@eneris.com>.

Re: Interception messages...

Posted by Rainer Faller <ra...@innovations.de>.

Interception messages...

Interception messages...

Re: Samples don't work...

Posted by "Srikar.S.S" <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Anay,
Bhang, it works fine now!!! U were right...I forgot to include the sample
classes in the classpath of the server.
Thanx very much

regards,
srikar