Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/02/21 11:00:50 UTC

[MODBUS] Anyone using the "smaller than 16 bit plcvalues"?

Hi all,

I'm currently working on the Modbus Auto-Discovery and therefore managed to get my S7 Modbus Server running again (no idea why it wasn't working though).
However, when running the manual tests for Modbus, I noticed failures in the datatypes that are less than 16 bit. Here the device returned multiple items instead of only one.

A quick look at the mspec showed me that obviously we had the DataIo 8-bit aligned instead of 16-bit aligned.

Now I'm asking myself: Why am I the one noticing this? Is nobody else using the Modbus driver? Or is just nobody using it to read any BIT, BYTE, USINT, SINT values?

Chris