Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "G. Todd Miller - XML Tech Ctr - Development" <Gl...@Sun.COM> on 2002/10/04 15:23:44 UTC

Problem generating JavaDocs on XalanJ codebase with JDK1.4

[[ 'javadocs' target fails on JDK1.4.1 ]]

I have recently switched from JDK1.3.1 to JDK1.4.1 and when I tried
to do a 'build.sh javadocs' the target fails. Tom Amiro also experienced
the problem on 1.4.1 even after putting the xalan.jar into his
1.4.1/jre/lib/endorsed directory just after building it, so he was
using the up to date xalan.jar.  I am wondering if anyone else has
expienced this problem with 1.4 . Here is the exception/error I get
when building the javadocs.

>   [javadoc] Javadoc execution
>   [javadoc] javadoc: In doclet class xalanjdoc.Standard,  method optionLength
> has thrown an exception java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>   [javadoc] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field
> com.sun.tools.doclets.HtmlWriter.configuration from class xalanjdoc.Standard
>   [javadoc]     at xalanjdoc.Standard.configuration(Standard.java:54)
>   [javadoc]     at xalanjdoc.Standard.optionLength(Standard.java:210)
>   [javadoc]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>   [javadoc]     at
>   [javadoc]     at

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav
> a:25)
>   [javadoc]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>   [javadoc]     at
> com.sun.tools.javadoc.DocletInvoker.invoke(DocletInvoker.java:193)
>   [javadoc]     at
> com.sun.tools.javadoc.DocletInvoker.optionLength(DocletInvoker.java:118)
>   [javadoc]     at com.sun.tools.javadoc.Start.parseAndExecute(Start.java:265)
>   [javadoc]     at com.sun.tools.javadoc.Start.begin(Start.java:120)
>   [javadoc] 1 error
>   [javadoc]     at com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main.execute(Main.java:41)
>   [javadoc]     at com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main.main(Main.java:31)
>
> javadocs:
>      [echo] javadocs is human-usable target with dependencies

G. Todd Miller                        Sun Microsystems Computer Company
Software Systems Engineer             2 Network Drive, MS UBUR02-201
GE&IS XML Tech Center                 Burlington, MA 01803-0903
                                      781 442-0176
                                      781 442-1437 (fax)
                                      glenn.miller@sun.com