Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2015/08/03 05:37:27 UTC

Initial release input

Hi all,

I asked another IPMC member to look over our proposed release contents to
help identify issues with the release before we get into the actual release
cycle.  Better to do it early than late from my experience.

Most of it is simple clean up that needs to happen, but there's a few
questionable things I'd like you guys to look at and fix as appropriate.

1. RAT plugin wasn't running on the examples projects.  The examples/
module was not included in the parent.  But even then, the child modules
don't have the proper parent and version set.  I'm changing it, but there
are RAT violations reported now.  Should examples be in there by default,
or should we only include in the release profile?

2. The following files don't include headers,  Should they?  I believe if
we fix these, the RAT reports should be better.

- missing apache headers for:
  ./examples/1-minimal-example/src/test/java/org/tamaya/exampl
es/minimal/MinimalTests.java
  ./examples/1-minimal-example/src/test/java/org/tamaya/exampl
es/minimal/TestEnum.java
  ./examples/4-resolver-example/src/test/java/org/tamaya/examp
les/minimal/MinimalTests.java
  ./examples/4-resolver-example/src/test/java/org/tamaya/examp
les/minimal/TestEnum.java
  ./sandbox/metamodels/simple/src/test/java/org/apache/tamaya/
metamodel/simple/SimpleTest.java

3. any idea where the icons (in ./docs/images/icons) come from?  We should
probably remove the Thumbs.db, but if we don't know where the icons came
from and the icons aren't properly licensed we'll need to remove them.
Does it break something to remove them?

Re: Initial release input

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Yep, I can try it ;)