Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Bielik, Robert" <Ro...@gyros.com> on 2003/04/29 09:48:43 UTC

Backward attributes ?

Yesterday I needed to use the FormatterToXML to format the DOM to an output file (the old
formatting I used didn't work sufficiently well). But an odd thing happened: All the attributes
of all elements were printed out backwards (!). By enumerating the attribute backwards in
FormatterToXML (row 1016 XMLSupport/FormatterToXML.cpp) I got it to print the attributes
in correct order.

I use Xerces V2.1.0 (deprecated interface) to parse the XML files, and Xalan V1.4 for outputting them.

My question is if anyone knows where the order mismatch occurs ?

/Rob

Re: Backward attributes ?

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

Attribute order is unimportant in XML, so the attributes can be delivered
by the parser in any order, and Xalan can copy/serialize them in any order.
If your application is sensitive to attribute order, you should fix it.

Dave

                      "Bielik, Robert"
                      <Robert.Bielik@g         To:      <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      yros.com>                cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: Backward attributes ?
                      04/29/2003 12:48
                      AM