Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2015/03/30 21:13:08 UTC

Proposed CHANGELOG for streams-project release 0.2-incubating

TL;DR - A bunch of good stuff has merged or is ready to merge.  Let's
push to complete in progress tickets, so I can begin process to
release streams 0.2 this week and streams-examples shortly thereafter.

Here is the current set of changes I'm planning to include in
incubator-streams 0.2-rc1.

RESOLVED:

STREAMS-47
Complete, test, and document mongo persist
STREAMS-147
Platform-level type conversion
STREAMS-214
Create, test, and document file-backed persistance module
STREAMS-257
ActivityConverterProcessor should apply reflection mode when
configuration is not provided
STREAMS-278
Rework pig runtime as part of switch from 'Serializer' to 'Converter'
STREAMS-281
enable BroadcastMessagePersister
STREAMS-283
Logstash-friendly monitoring
STREAMS-284
Read/write parent IDs in streams-persist-elasticsearch
STREAMS-285
Add all objectTypes in spec to streams-pojo
STREAMS-286
Add all verbs in spec to streams-pojo
STREAMS-293
allow for missing metadata fields in streams-persist-hdfs
STREAMS-301
streams-converters: HOCON Converter

IN PROGRESS WITH OPEN PR:

STREAMS-243
S3 Persist Writer does not flush or shutdown on stream shutdown
STREAMS-235
TwitterFollowingProvider
STREAMS-259
Filter a stream of Activities for specific verbs and objectTypes
STREAMS-271
suggest increasing JVM heap in readme
STREAMS-273
Support POST endpoints in streams-http

Please take some time over the next 48 hours to review the open PRs in
streams-project.

I will send another email detailing the resolved and in-progress
features proposed for the streams-examples.

Thanks,

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org

Re: Proposed CHANGELOG for streams-project release 0.2-incubating

Posted by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the PRs.  All of your feedback was incorporated and some
modules were markedly improved from first submission.

I think 51b962227a5c68d7115a25af9b5353f25aaf2638 will be 0.2-incubating-rc1.

https://builds.apache.org/job/Streams%20Trunk/166/

I'll kick this off tomorrow.

Please take a look at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-streams-examples/pulls over the
weekend.

STREAMS-290
Example: local/twitter-userstream-elasticsearch
STREAMS-292
Example: local/twitter-history-elasticsearch
STREAMS-302
Example: local/twitter-follow-graph

Cheers,

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org

Posted by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
n Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 3:13 PM Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org> wrote:

> TL;DR - A bunch of good stuff has merged or is ready to merge.  Let's
> push to complete in progress tickets, so I can begin process to
> release streams 0.2 this week and streams-examples shortly thereafter.
>
> Here is the current set of changes I'm planning to include in
> incubator-streams 0.2-rc1.
>
> RESOLVED:
>
> STREAMS-47
> Complete, test, and document mongo persist
> STREAMS-147
> Platform-level type conversion
> STREAMS-214
> Create, test, and document file-backed persistance module
> STREAMS-257
> ActivityConverterProcessor should apply reflection mode when
> configuration is not provided
> STREAMS-278
> Rework pig runtime as part of switch from 'Serializer' to 'Converter'
> STREAMS-281
> enable BroadcastMessagePersister
> STREAMS-283
> Logstash-friendly monitoring
> STREAMS-284
> Read/write parent IDs in streams-persist-elasticsearch
> STREAMS-285
> Add all objectTypes in spec to streams-pojo
> STREAMS-286
> Add all verbs in spec to streams-pojo
> STREAMS-293
> allow for missing metadata fields in streams-persist-hdfs
> STREAMS-301
> streams-converters: HOCON Converter
>
> IN PROGRESS WITH OPEN PR:
>
> STREAMS-243
> S3 Persist Writer does not flush or shutdown on stream shutdown
> STREAMS-235
> TwitterFollowingProvider
> STREAMS-259
> Filter a stream of Activities for specific verbs and objectTypes
> STREAMS-271
> suggest increasing JVM heap in readme
> STREAMS-273
> Support POST endpoints in streams-http
>
> Please take some time over the next 48 hours to review the open PRs in
> streams-project.

Thanks for all the work here, Steve.  I will volunteer to look at some PRs
today.