Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johan Louwers <Su...@dds.nl> on 2003/09/17 08:44:19 UTC

jk2_init() Can't find child

Build JK2 now on solaris 9. Placed mod_jk2.so in the Apache module dir.
Also added:

LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

at the end of my httpd.conf file. Stop and start apache and try to open
http://10.99.1.115/examples  Nothing!! http://10.99.1.115 is giving me the
basic apache site http://10.99.1.115:8080 is giving me the basic tomact
site.

So the connector is not working correctly ........ Opend error_log and found
the following:

[error] jk2_init() Can't find child 1157 in scoreboard
[error] shm.init(): No file
[error] mod_jk child init 1 -2

I found the folowing hint on the internet related to this problem. I do not
know how to work with this...... Reading true the posts this is the
solution..... What do they mean by this?
> You don't have a shared memory file configured in your properties files,
> or if you do, it isn't accessible or writable.

Any clue how to make it work anybody?

Re: jk2_init() Can't find child

Posted by Vikram Goyal <v....@uq.edu.au>.
In your workers.properties under Apache conf put the following line:

[shm]
file=path-to-a-writeable-log-file-usually-under-apache-logs
size=1048576

Restart Tomcat, wait 10 seconds and then restart Apache.

If this does not work, then create the file as specified under the path and
touch it. Try restarting again.

HTH
Vikram

Re: jk2_init() Can't find child