Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1995/09/30 12:13:11 UTC

Time to branch?

It seems to me that even in the limited time I've been on this list, the flow
of bug reports has slowed markedly. It would seem, therefore, that we must
be getting close to 1.0.0. In the meantime, though, the features freeze becomes
increasingly irksome, expecially with regard to things like OS/2 support (tho
why anyone would want to do this defeats me - I've never managed to keep OS/2
running for more than a few days without it doing something bad to itself),
SSL and various other cute things people have been talking about.

Can I propose a code split, into 0.8.15 heading towards 1.0.0, and 0.9.0
heading who knows where (but hopefully 1.1.0)? The idea being that there is
no features freeze on 0.9.0+, and bugs are fixed in parallel with
0.8.15+/1.0.0+.

What do people think?

Cheers,

Ben.