Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Joshua Schlesser <jo...@cursivelabs.com> on 2015/12/11 23:02:56 UTC

s3a storage not writable

I am trying to create new tables on a storage configured to use s3a storage.
I copied followed the s3 instructions in the docs and copied dfs storage and replaced the connection with the s3a uri and set the root workspace to writable.  tmp was already writable.

I execute the use storage;  sql command to change my default schema.
i then execute create table tablename as select * from schema.tablename

the select when run outside of the context of a create table runs fine.

I receive the following  error when trying to create a table:
Error: PARSE ERROR: Unable to create or drop tables/views. Schema [xxxxxx] is immutable

I have confirmed that I can perform select queries just fine from the s3 bucket and the permissions associated with the keys are full access.

Im running 1.3.0.

Is there anything i need to do special to enable s3a storages to be writable?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Josh Schlesser

Re: s3a storage not writable

Posted by Tomer Shiran <ts...@dremio.com>.