Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Saravanan Rajendran <sa...@team.unimobile.com> on 2001/11/08 00:54:45 UTC

urgent !! please help me

Hi,

 I am using Tomcat 4.0 version web server.
 In web.xm i have configured the 404 error redirection in to 404.jsp.

In 404.jsp i am trying to capture the referrer url to track 404 error
firles.

I ma using request.getHeader("Referrer") ,it is always returning null
string only.

Could you please help me out ,how to get the referrer url.

Thanks in advance.

Saran

Re: urgent !! please help me

Posted by "Corey A. Johnson" <cj...@cniweb.net>.
Try:

request.getHeader("Referer")

One "r".

Cj

--
corey a. johnson <><> cni <><> 1.321.259.1984 <><> 1.800.264.5547

Re: urgent !! please help me

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Saravanan Rajendran wrote:

> Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 05:24:45 +0530
> From: Saravanan Rajendran <sa...@team.unimobile.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: urgent !! please help me
>
> Hi,
>
>  I am using Tomcat 4.0 version web server.
>  In web.xm i have configured the 404 error redirection in to 404.jsp.
>
> In 404.jsp i am trying to capture the referrer url to track 404 error
> firles.
>
> I ma using request.getHeader("Referrer") ,it is always returning null
> string only.

The spelling of the header name is important (even if it doesn't make
sense :-).  Try "Referer" instead.

> Could you please help me out ,how to get the referrer url.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Saran

Craig