Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/19 05:01:52 UTC

tapestry 4 trunk migrated/deployed to maven2

The live tapestry.apache.org explains where to get it, but the 4.1 Snapshot
+ website have been deployed to the site as well as the apache
maven-snapshot repositories.

I'd like to set up a continum server to automate all the nightly snapshot
grunt work, but everyone should in theory just be able to check the project
out and build it with maven2 now. (easymock upgrades have been completed now
as well..We're on 2.2 for better/worse..)

So who wants to run the continum server ? ;) I can run it on my local server
box for now.

I ~haven't~ converted documentation yet. That's the last major item to do,
but any/all committers should please feel free to check the project out
/deploy/whatever...It's pretty hard to f anything up so don't be afraid.

There are only three commands to deploy the site and jars now:

-) mvn site
-) mvn site:deploy
-) mvn deploy

If you keep your local ssh authentication keys on the apache server (google
ssh keys ..http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1806 ) you won't have to
type your password into settings.xml OR be prompted for it.

P.S. The one thing that can get fu#$ -ed up is if you accidently deploy the
jar/poms to the production maven repository. This will only happen if you
define a normal distro site and no snapshot site. By default everything in
tapestry4/trunk will deploy to the right snapshot repository if you type
"mvn deploy" .

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer