Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/11/12 17:21:42 UTC

0.1 try again

What do people think about trying for 0.1 again?  I think we've got a
few issues left to clean up, but I think the docs are a lot more
improved and we've got some decent samples now.

-Grant

Re: 0.1 try again

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
For now, just use trunk.  I think I was able to run all the examples
last week, except I ran out of memory on my laptop with the Wikipedia
example.

Would also be good to try on some multi-node clusters.

-Grant

On Nov 13, 2008, at 10:55 AM, Philippe Lamarche wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to run some of the examples. Where can we get the 0.1 release?
> In
> trunk? Is there a specific build of Hadoop I should use?
>
> Thanks,
> Philippe.
>
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Grant Ingersoll
> <gs...@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> I think the number one thing people can do is read through and add
>> to the
>> documentation and also try out the examples.  Basically, do what
>> Hoss did on
>> the first release candidate by building the distribution and then
>> try to get
>> started running it.
>>
>> After that, I think there are a few remaining issues target to 0.1,
>> so try
>> out the patches and give feedback on whether they work or not.
>>
>> -Grant
>>

>> On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Stephan Seufert wrote:
>>
>> Good idea, I can try to work on one of the issues if help is needed
>>> somewhere...
>>>
>>> Quoting Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>:
>>>
>>> What do people think about trying for 0.1 again?  I think we've
>>> got a

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll

Lucene Helpful Hints: