Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by cmerrow <ch...@merrow.com> on 2008/01/10 14:42:10 UTC

We're hiring, looking for ofbiz talent

Merrow is building and integrating all of our technical systems around ofbiz,
specifically the opentaps flavour... if anyone is interested in working with
us please let me know. Below is the job desc. as posted online

We are a 20 person company in MA and the last American brand of sewing
machines. We have a strong business model, a well known brand,  and a great
management team.

Thanks,
Charlie Merrow

Company: Merrow
Job Title: Software Developer,  opensource  JAVA systems (ofbiz & website)

COMPANY DESCRIPTION: The Merrow Sewing Machine Company is a world leader in
the design, manufacture and marketing of quality, high-performance,
industrial sewing machines. Established in 1838, the Merrow brand is one of
the most recognizable in the industrial sewing industry.

Merrow is considered the premier brand of industrial sewing machine in the
world, with distribution in 85 countries and 65% of revenue coming from
international business.  Our mission is to reinvent the American textile
industry and continue to remain an integral part of the worldwide textile
production infrastructure.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

To lead and manage the development and deployment of technology at Merrow,
specifically to continue the development of the ofbiz software (opentaps).
To integrate asterisk and ofbiz. And to develop our new website.

Our business plan depends significantly on the technology we are investing
in.

Most work is Java oriented.

Requirements
- a working knowledge of JSP, XML, CSS, J2EE & web design
- some familiarity with MVC and SOA concepts
- basic working knowledge of eclipse and SVN or similar tools

The company runs linux and OSX exclusively-- all of our projects are
opensource projects.

REFERENCE:

http://www.opentaps.org/
http://www.digium.com/en/index.php
http://www.merrow.com

We are located 15 minutes from New Bedford, 40 Minutes from Providence, 25
minutes from Falmouth and Cape Cod. 45 Minutes from Boston. Merrow is
located at the junction of I-495 & I-195. Please apply by email to
working@merrow.com