Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Han JU <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/16 12:28:30 UTC

System property for Kryo's setRegistrationRequired

Hi,

I think maybe it's better to have an option to force class registration
when using Kryo, mainly to prevent human errors.
Kryo has a setRegistrationRequired method and by default the check is false
(in kryo and in chill). Maybe we can have a system property for setting
this? Like:

System.setProperty("spark.kryo.registrationRequired", true)

What you say about this?
--
*JU Han*

Data Engineer @ Botify.com

+33 0619608888

Re: System property for Kryo's setRegistrationRequired

Posted by Han JU <ju...@gmail.com>.
Matei, thanks for the reply.
I've tried setting kryo.setRegistrationOptional by KryoRegistrator but it
seems that some spark's internal class, such as
o.a.spark.scheduler.MapStatus, need to be registered.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.