Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Montville <mo...@security.ece.orst.edu> on 2000/10/04 05:31:12 UTC

Use of Apache 1.3 API in Tomcat 3.1

I've got Tomcat 3.1 set up using JDK1.3 on a Linux box running the latest
Apache release (1.3.12 something).  Everything is visible via the browser,
so I can type http://myhost/examples and will get the listing according to
Tomcat's directory structure.  However, when I move to execute a JSP (or
servlet) I get an Internal Server Error.  The mod_jserv.log file tells me
that it failed to connect to port 8007 on the localhost.  Then I noticed in
my apache error_log that there is a warning there informing me that
mod_jserv.so uses the Apache API 1.3, and that it might crash under EAPI
(not quite sure what that means).

Does anyone have any ideas pertaining to this and how to fix it?  Or is
there a newer version of mod_jserv.so that I should be using?  I retrieved
this version from the "stable" directory off the Tomcat page.

Thanks.

Adam