Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Alberto Bustamante Reyes <al...@est.tech> on 2020/06/09 15:20:01 UTC

"alter region" & cluster configuration service

Hi,

I have observed that "alter region" command does not work having cluster configuration service active if the region to be modified was creating using cache.xml. In this case the command returns an error saying the region does not exist.

If locator is started with cluster configuration service disabled, "alter region" is able to find the region.

I suppose this is the expected behavior, but I would like to confirm it.

Thanks!

Alberto B.

Re: "alter region" & cluster configuration service

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@vmware.com>.
This is yet another example why it's hard to maintain consistency in gfsh, because each command behaves slightly differently. IMO,
"destroy region" should do the same check as "alter region" does....
Thanks for the quick answer! I have tested "destroy region" command thinking that it will fail with a region defined via cache.xml but in this case the command worked. Is this correct?
Yes, this is the expected behavior. We don't recommend having cluster configuration service working together with cache.xml configured members.