Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 09:00:57 UTC

OFBiz Committers Survey - Results

Hi Everyone

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who participated in the Committers
Survey. I thought it was important to get some feedback from you that could
possibly give the community some ideas about what you see as important and
also maybe bring up some potential discussion topics.

One very important thing I'd like to highlight is that participation in this
survey was completely voluntary. No one was under any obligation to respond
to it, so the fact that not all our Committers responded should not at all
be seen as a negative.

The survey consisted of 10 questions and I've consolidated all the responses
collected from it onto the wiki (link below)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/May+2016+-+Committers+Survey

I've added some notes and some general thoughts and observations.

One area that came up while the survey was in process was the topic of our
existing 'technical debt' raised by Jacques. It was a missing answer choice
in the question where Committers were asked to rank what areas they saw as
important. I'd be keen to hear of any other areas that people saw as
missing.  Also if anyone wants to start a new thread to discuss or develop
any of the ideas raised or mentioned in the survey then please feel free.

As always, please let me have your feedback, comments or ideas for
improvement.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: OFBiz Committers Survey - Results

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks Sharan, it was a great effort. The document is very insightful.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Mridul Pathak

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharan and everyone,

Great work! One of the things that surprised me is that we have very
different priorities on what helps the project.

This flicked a light bulb in my head: we need to have a high level
discussion on what is most important to the project. This would help align
our views and efforts and allow us to understand the reason behind
everyone's views on where we should going.

Regards,

Taher Alkhateeb
Impressive work indeed, thanks Sharan!

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Impressive work indeed, thanks Sharan!

Jacques

Le 01/06/2016 � 11:51, Ashish Vijaywargiya a �crit :

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.