Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Lars R. Noldan" <la...@sixfeetup.com> on 2010/02/02 15:15:52 UTC

Replication Questions

Hi all,

Is it possible to configure Solr to store it's search index on a shared
piece of media such as an NFS mount to replicate it across two machines
in real time?

If not, can someone point me towards formal documentation on how to get
replication working?  I tried adding the following to my solrconfig.xml
file on the master server, but when I restarted solr I was greeted with
a 500 Internal Server error.

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="master">
        <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
        <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

Thank you in advance.
Lars

Re: Replication Questions

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
Performance tends to be bad on NFS? Yep. Updates were 100X slower for me.

wunder

Re: Replication Questions

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.