Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> on 2008/06/04 04:38:40 UTC

1.5.0-rc9 up for signing/testing

I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0-rc9 is up for testing and
signing.  The magic revision is r31577.  This is another step in our
asymptotic approach to 1.5.0-final.

http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc9/

As usual, signatures from full committers back to me, and enthusiastic
tester feedback is welcome.  At this point, this candidate is not yet
blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available to people
not interested in test-driving the new release.

Distro package maintainers, please do NOT include any pre-release
builds, even blessed, into operating system distros.  The reasons for
not doing so were very eloquently outlined by Karl in a mail, which is
summarized at the above address.

The quick version is: we don't guarantee compatibility between the
pre-releases and the final release, so if people install the release
candidate, all their repositories and working copies might break
unrepairably when they upgrade to 1.5.0 proper.  We don't want that kind
of bad publicity, and neither do you.

-Hyrum

Re: 1.5.0-rc9 up for signing/testing

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On 6/4/08, Hyrum K. Wright <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0-rc9 is up for testing and
> signing.  The magic revision is r31577.  This is another step in our
> asymptotic approach to 1.5.0-final.
>
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc9/
>
> As usual, signatures from full committers back to me, and enthusiastic
> tester feedback is welcome.  At this point, this candidate is not yet
> blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available to people not
> interested in test-driving the new release.

TESTED:
-------
[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ file | svn | http (neon) | http (serf) ]
JavaHL Bindings

SUCCESSFULLY BUILT BUT NOT TESTED:
----------------------------------
Perl Bindings
Python Bindings

SUMMARY:
--------
+1 to release.

RESULTS:
--------
All tests pass except the well know failures of:

[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ http (serf) ]
FAIL:  authz_tests.py 1: authz issue #2486 - open root
FAIL:  authz_tests.py 12: test authz for locking

Both fail with svn: XML parsing failed: (403 Forbidden) error.  As
serf is still offcially experimental this should not prevent release.

VERIFIED:
-------
http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc9/beaverton-juniper/subversion-1.5.0-rc9.zip:

C:\Downloads\1.5.0.RC9>gpg --verify subversion-1.5.0-rc9.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made 06/04/08 00:11:02 using DSA key ID 4E24517C
gpg: Good signature from "Hyrum K. Wright (Personal) <hy...@hyrumwright.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Hyrum K. Wright (UT) <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 3324 80DA 0F8C A37D AEE6  D084 0B03 AE6E 4E24 517C

MD5: ce19c12ea5b341e1627ad92f5b00762b
SHA1: c74d827ced39b0ee3d44cc087df6f9fb113d16e9

Excepting subversion/include/svn_version.h and www/hacking.html, the
contents of subversion-1.5.0-rc9.zip match
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.5.x@31577

PLATFORM (all but the JavaHL tests which were done on another Win32 box):
---------
Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP2
AMD Athlon X2
MS Visual C++ 6.0 SP6
VMWare Player 2.0.0 build-45731

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
apr: 0.9.13
apr-util: 0.9.12
neon: 0.28.0
zlib: 1.2.3
OpenSSL: 0.9.8d
Apache: 2.0.59
BDB: 4.4.20 http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/32472/db-4.4.20-win32.zip
serf: 0.1.2

SIGNATURE:
-----------
User: Paul T. Burba (pburba)
1024-bit DSA key
ID 53FCDC55
created 2006/06/21

subversion-1.5.0-rc9.zip:

Paul

P.S. For the curious, the total time to run tests: 6:12

Re: 1.5.0-rc9 up for signing/testing

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0-rc9 is up for testing and
> signing.  The magic revision is r31577.  This is another step in our
> asymptotic approach to 1.5.0-final.
>
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc9/

SUMMARY:

   +1 for release.

TESTED:

   Verified md5sums and sha1sums.

Centos 4.1 i386 and x86_86:

   apr 1.2.12
   apr-util 1.2.12
   bdb 4.6.21
   neon 0.28.2
   swig 1_3_25

   [ ra_local, ra_svn ] x [ bdb, fsfs ]
   javahl
   perl 5.8.5
   python 2.4.1
   ruby 1.8.5

RESULTS:

   All tests passed.

Did a recursive diff between r31577 and the main distribution files and they
match.  Did a recursive diff -w between the tarballs and the zip file and they
match.

Regards,
Blair

subversion-1.5.0-rc9.tar.bz2

subversion-1.5.0-rc9.tar.gz

subversion-1.5.0-rc9.zip

Re: 1.5.0-rc9 up for signing/testing

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> writes:
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0-rc9/

  Okay to release.

Paranoia:

  Verified md5sums and sha1sums.  Verified that the .bz2 and .gz
  uncompress to exactly the same tarball, in both deps and non-deps
  cases.  Verified that all were signed with Hyrum's key 4E24517C.
  Verified that the trees in the deps tarball exactly match the releases
  they claim to match, by downloading from upstream and comparing:
  apr-1.2.12, apr-util-1.2.12, neon-0.28.2, serf-0.1.2, zlib-1.2.3.

Environment:

   Debian GNU/Linux ('testing' distro, recently updated)
   Linux 2.6.24-1-686 #1 SMP

Dependencies:

   APR / APR-UTIL 1.2.12
   Apache httpd 2.2.8
   Neon 0.28.0
   Serf 0.1.3 (r1187 -- my local serf is more recent than the one in the
              deps tarball)

Tested:

  [ fsfs ] x [ ra_local | ra_svn | ra_neon | ra_serf ]

  (Installing with BDB is still broken locally for me, sigh.
   I don't think that's a Subversion problem, though.)

Results:

  All tests passed, except two failures with serf that we've seen before

     authz_tests.py 1: authz issue #2486 - open root
     authz_tests.py 12: test authz for locking

  As serf is still experimental, this is acceptable.

Signatures:

::: subversion-1.5.0-rc9.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-1.5.0-rc9.tar.bz2 :::

::: subversion-deps-1.5.0-rc9.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-deps-1.5.0-rc9.tar.bz2 :::

RE: 1.5.0-rc9 up for signing/testing

Posted by Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net>.
Hi All,

Ran make check * (FS_TYPE=bdb and fsfs)
All tests PASSed.
Ran make svnserveautocheck * (FS_TYPE=bdb and fsfs)
All tests PASSed.
Ran make davautocheck * (FS_TYPE=bdb and fsfs) * (HTTP_LIBRARY=neon).
All tests PASSed.

Ran make davautocheck * (FS_TYPE=bdb and fsfs) * (HTTP_LIBRARY=serf).
Apart from authz_tests.py tests 1 and 12, rest of the other tests have PASSed.

+1 to release as serf is still experimental.

Small hiccups observed:
1. make svnserveautocheck depth_tests-23 has failed over bdb(Cause being not able to remove non-empty directory in our testsuite code), I could not reproduce this again.
2. make davauocheck FS_TYPE=bdb HTTP_LIBRARY merge_tests-4 has failed, I could not reproduce this too again.

My signature for subversion-1.5.0-rc9.tar.bz2

Thanks

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release.

Windows XP
JavaHL, ra_local | svn X fsfs | bdb

subversion-1.5.0-rc9.zip

subversion-deps-1.5.0-rc9.zip

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: 1.5.0-rc9 up for signing/testing

Posted by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>.
+1 to release

Ubuntu 6.06/i386: svn, dav, java, perl, python, ruby
Windows XP/i386: svn

subversion-1.5.0-rc9.tar.bz2.asc

subversion-1.5.0-rc9.tar.gz.asc

subversion-1.5.0-rc9.zip.asc