Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean M Alderman <se...@grc.nasa.gov> on 2002/06/20 20:13:50 UTC

Building mod_jk.so question...

Hi all, I'm attempting to build mod_jk.so for my system.  I have been
running with the downloadable Solaris 8 binary version of mod_jk.so, but
apache (1.3.26) complains about needing to compile with a -DEAPI flag -

# bin/apachectl start
[Thu Jun 20 11:57:24 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_jk.so uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please
recompile it with -DEAPI)
bin/apachectl start: httpd started

So, I've grabbed the source for mod_jk and I'm building it like so -
$ cd
/usr/appl/src/sma/apachebuild/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src/jk
$ ant native
<snip>

       [so] StdErr:
       [so] In file included from
/usr/appl/src/sma/apachebuild/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src/jk/native/common/jk_jni_worker.c:69:
/usr/appl/java/j2sdk1_3_1_03/jre/../include/jni.h:25: jni_md.h: No such
file or directory

http://java.sun.com says I need to modify my include path to contain
$JAVA_HOME/inlcude/solaris in order to find jni_md.h.  I have tried
changing the CFLAGS variable within the Makefile.am, and in
configure.in, but I've had no luck.  I also attempted setting my shell's
CFLAGS environment variable to have a "-I/$JAVA_HOME/include/solaris"
but that didn't work.  Does anyone know what I should do to fix this?

In addition, with the first error from apache, would the place to fix
the above question be the same place to add the -DEAPI ?

Thanks!

--
Sean M. Alderman
ITRACK Systems Analyst

Calling a windowed operating system "Windows" is like naming an
automobile "Wheels."